Adult Driver Education
Adult 6-Hour Driver Education Course ($125). Credit/Debit Cards or Money Orders.
If you are 18 to 24 years old it is now required that you take a 6-hour Adult Driver Education Course. This course will include the Road Rules and Road Signs written tests at our facility. You will not be required to take the written test at the DPS Office.
After successful completion of the 6-hour Adult Driver Education Course, you will receive a certificate of completion to present at the DPS Office. We highly recommend that all adults even over the age of 24 take this course because not only do we prepare you well for the Road Rules and Road Signs Exams, you take these exams at our facility, in a quiet environment while the information is fresh on your mind. All of our classroom instructors are bilingual and students can choose to take their exams in English or Spanish. Presenting a copy of the 6-Hour Adult Completion Certificate awarded to you at Cazares Driving School may also qualify you for a 10% discount on your auto insurance.
In addition to the Adult Driver Education Certificate of Completion, you will need to present the following to the DPS for processing before taking your Driving Test. Cazares Driving School is authorized by DPS to administer the "Official Drive Test". You can choose to take the Drive Test at DPS or at an Authorized Testing Facility.
After your course, take the following items to DPS for processing.
- Purple Certificate (ADE1317) from Cazares Driving School
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original Social Security Card
- A third form of ID, such as a Texas ID, Passport, Military ID or Valid Immigration Document.
- DPS-Application (DL-40) & Supplement (DL-14A) Download from resources page
- 2 Utility Bills (for example, water, cable, light) showing residence address (must be between 30-90 days old)
- Texas Residency Affidavit - Download from resources page
- DPS accepts Checks, Money Orders, or Credit Cards.
- You must ask for a permit if you wish to return to Cazares Driving School to take private driving hours and/or take your Drive Test with us.